This position will provide ongoing support for the Completion Services personnel in matters regarding contractual obligations. The successful candidate will have effective written and oral communication skills, understand the scope of work requirements, be eager to learn, willing to perform a variety of tasks and be a team player.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or Legal Studies
- 1 or more years experience in contract review and/or negotiation
- Needs strong knowledge of organizational structure. Experience working cross-functionally within an organization.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced work environment with hard deadlines, be customer-service driven and a team player.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills; customer service orientation; and organizational skills
- Must have demonstrated PC skills including MS Office
- Availability for domestic and international travel.
- Must demonstrate exceptional negotiation skills, planning skills and strong interpersonal skills in order to interact with customers and co-workers in a team-based environment. Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks in a high volume environment with minimum supervision.
- Required to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquires.
Houston Operating Procedures, START Safety program. Advanced software training, Quality Training, Negotiation skills, Advanced Personal Computer and Systems. May perform more advanced functions as part of training and development.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITY:
Coordination between business unit’s personnel and corporate Legal and Tax departments. Clarifications with Customers. Frequent interaction with Sales, Quotations, Field, Project Management, Product Management and site Senior Management. Must demonstrate highly effective interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- No budget/revenue responsibility
- Explain the degree of supervision/guidance, procedures/ processes used judgement, creativity, planning & resourcefulness needed to do the job.
- Receives objectives and guidelines for contracts. Works closely with Senior Contract Specialist, Operations and Sales personnel and occasionally exercise independent judgment in selecting, analyzing and interpreting data, policies and procedures. Anticipates potential problems and takes preventative actions. Regularly functions as a significant contributor to solving complex problems.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Frequent sitting and operating a computer. Fast paced atmosphere with multiple priorities and constant change.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Ensures that all contractual terms are agreed, accepted and incorporated into the performance of the contract.
- Understand existing contractual (both legal and commercial in nature) obligations with customers; support account managers as needed for customer clarifications.
- Receive, prepare, review and execute new agreements with potential customers or other business partners.
- Review and edit qualifying language for proposals.
- Preparation of legal and business qualification and/or exception statements to protect the company’s business interests.
- Assist with customer audits.
- Establish and maintain legal documents/contracts and records system in compliance with company/business policies.
- Support the business unit in the review and risk assessment, establishment, management and close out of all major contracts.
- Identification of risk within contracts and prepares/presents risk assessment to management.